Looking to Immigrate to US ?

NREDC > Blog > Looking to Immigrate to US ?

Are you looking to immigrate to the United States with your family? The United States Congress created The Immigrant Investor Program, also known as the EB-5 program, in 1990 to stimulate the US economy through job creation and capital investment by Foreign investors. 

The EB-5 program allows foreign Nationals, their spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 to receive EB-5 Visa’s under one petition. 

To qualify for the EB-5 program, a foreign investor must make a minimum capital investment into a new commercial enterprise that creates and/or preserves permanent full-time employment for at least 10 qualified U.S. workers. An eb-5 investor must first receive an approved I-526 petition. Once approved, the principal investor, their spouse and unmarried children under the age of 25 May apply for visas all at the same time. Applying for a Visa may require that each family member fill out the forms, undergo medical exams, submit documents and pay any application fees. 

Once the visa application, required documents and fees have been paid the applicant we’ll have a time and date set for a visa interview appointment. This interview determines whether the eb-5 investor is eligible for a US Visa.

Upon being issued a Visa, the principal eb-5 investor must enter the us at the same time or prior to their family members who will also receive visas under the eb-5 investors petition. This Visa allows the eb-5 investor and his or her immediate family members, conditional permanent residence or EB-5 Green Card in the US. In order to remove the conditions on their visas the principal eb-5 investor must file and I – 829 petition to remove the conditions of their permanent residency status.

When in the US on their conditional permanent residency status the eb-5 investor and their immediate family will be able to live, study, travel and work freely throughout the country. 

If you would like additional information on our EB-5 Project through our EB-5 Regional Center that would allow for you to invest in a TEA or Targeted Employment Area at a reduced amount, program please use the contact us page.

Leave a Reply